Spain Immigration Visa Solutions
If you wish to immigrate in Spain and you have sufficient income to support yourself and your dependents you may apply for a Non-lucrative residence visa. This visa does not entitle you to work in Spain.
You must have income of at least €25,560 annually, plus €6,390 per each additional family member. Income may be derived from investments, annuities, sabbaticals and any other source of income.
The visa issued will have a validity of three months and fifteen days, with multiple entries and 90 days of stay in Spain. Within one month since your arrival in Spain, you must apply for a residence permit and a foreign national identity card.
The residence permit is usually issued for a period of 2 years, renewable, provided that you still meet the economic requirements and you have lived at least 183 days in Spain each year.
After 5 years holding the temporary residence permit, you will be eligible for permanent residency.
The permanent residency will entitle you to live and work in Spain indefinitely.
After 10 years of legal residency (temporary or permanent) you may be eligible for naturalization. To become a Spanish citizen, you will be required to commit to renounce your previous nationality, have financial stability, no criminal record, attend to an interview and prove your degree of integration into Spanish society, e.g. knowledge of Spanish language, culture, values and participation in Spanish social activities.
Note that for nationals of Philippines, Andorra, Spanish-American countries, Equatorial Guinea, Portugal, as well as individuals with Jew Sephardic origin, may be eligible for citizenship after two years of legal residency.
- Not be in Spain with irregular immigration status.
- Be over 18 years.
- Evidence of economic means sufficient to support your stay and, depending on the case, to support your family, during the stay length you are applying for, without working.
- Negative criminal record issued in the last three months by the authorities of the country or countries where you have resided in the past 5 years, including Canada.
- Medical insurance subscribed with a company legally entitled to operate in Spain
- Notarized document explaining why you are requesting this visa, the purpose, the place and length of your stay in Spain and any other reasons you need to explain, with a certified translation into Spanish.
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Medical Certificate
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Proof of income
- Evidence of Health Insurance
- Receipt of payment of fees
- Notarized document regarding purpose of stay
The Kingdom of Spain is a transcontinental country, member of the European Union. It is located to the south of Western Europe as well as to the north of Africa. Its territory is organized in seventeen autonomous communities and two autonomous cities, with diverse geography and cultures. In Europe, it occupies most of the Iberian peninsula, known as peninsular Spain, and the archipelago of the Balearic Islands (in the western Mediterranean sea), and two autonomous cities (Ceuta, Melilla) and an autonomous region (Canary Islands) in Africa. The peninsular territory shares land borders with France and Andorra to the north, Portugal to the west and the British territory of Gibraltar to the south. In its African territories, it shares land and sea borders with Morocco.
It is inhabited by 46 million people. Its capital and most populated city is Madrid, with over 3.1 million inhabitants. Other important cities include Barcelona (1.6 m), Valencia (800,000) and Sevilla (700,000). Its official language is Spanish, along with four co-official regional languages, Catalan/Valencian, Basque, Galician and Aranese. Its official currency is the Euro (EUR).
- Become an EU citizen, with the right to live, work, do business, invest, own property and access to healthcare and education benefits throughout the European Union
- Visa-free or Visa on arrival to 174 countries, including United States, Schengen Area, United Kingdom
- Get one of the most valuable passport worldwide
- Passport with optimal reputation
- Visa-free access to the United States
Spain only recognizes dual citizenship for nationals who have acquired the Spanish nationality at birth. Naturalized citizens must renounce to their previous nationality, except those from countries with which Spain has concluded a double-nationality agreement. Currently, citizens of the following countries may become Spanish naturalized citizens, without giving up their previous nationality: Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Flag Theory | Passports.IO and our qualified attorney in Spain, will guide you through each step of the process to ensure that it is as fast, efficient, pain free as possible.
First our lawyers will conduct a due diligence check on you to ensure that you are eligible and your application will be approved.
We will send you the application forms, and provide assistance to complete the questionnaires, translate and legalize supporting documents.
Once you provide the application form completed and supporting documents, application must be submitted to your country residence closest embassy or consulate.
The application should be processed in a maximum period of 3 months. After your application is approved, you may come Spain to start your residency permit procedures. Our lawyer in Spain, will guide you through this process.
For further information on Spanish non-lucrative residency and detailed procedures, contact us for a free private consultation.
- dual citizenship No
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership Yes
- Physical residence required Yes
- Personal visit required Yes
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single -
- Investment Family 4 -
- Minimum annual income €25,560
- Time to citizenship 120
- Time to permanent residency 60
- Visa-free countries 174
- Financing available No
- Property tax Yes
- Transfer tax Yes
- Inheritance tax Yes
- Net worth tax Yes
- CFC law Yes
- Tax residency days 183
- Personal income tax rate 48%
- Capital Gains tax rate 23%
- Investment income tax rate 23%
- Territorial taxation No